Wednesday, September 3, 2008

rainboots anyone?!?!?!

okay. so today has been a little bit of an adventure.... to say the least. as i am awakened by my angelic, innocent, loving and ever so cute 3 yr. old son, bryson this morning, i hear what sounds like running water.......

Travis has been working nights but i thought, "why would he be taking a shower in the kids bathroom?" all the while bryson is telling me to "mere." which in his lingo means come here. i get to noticing that bryson is shimmering w/ glitter and then i get that panicky feeling. i jump out of bed, literally. as i come to the hallway i am looking at standing water. ummm, if were to guess i would say at least 4in. deep. not only is it in the hallway, it is in the bathroom and in the girls room! we have hardwood floors but i am immediately thinking omg my floors are going to be ruined and mind you water is still running full blast.

bryson had pulled a stool over to the sink and pulled up the stopper and turned on the water. i don't know i guess he thought since i was asleep he would just swim in the bathroom instead of me taking him outside to get in the pool. so i turn the water off and call my mom n law frantically and she tells me what i should do. it took 6 beach towels and the already soaked rug to get most of the water up. most of the stuff under the sink had to be thrown away. the girls floor is still wet (we don't have hardwoods in there). i had to get box fans to dry everything else out.

meanwhile bryson had to sit in time out and got a little lecture about playing in the water! i did find it all kind of funny and a little amusing. he's so cute. it's hard to get mad at him. i know you're wondering where i was during his playtime. he usually comes straight to my room when he wakes up if he gets up before me but not today and i never heard him! I'm not a heavy sleeper. i just have a very sneaky, curious 3 yr. old who loves adventure.

1 comment:

srrwilson said...

OH my heavens!!!! That sounds EXACTLY like something Bree would do!!!! I would not be amused. Kids...you gotta love them.