Monday, October 27, 2008

just a few days behind

in my previous posting i said i wanted to be done with all of my projects by oct.15th...i was not thinking. clearly. although i have made great progress i still have not painted the kids bathroom; however, with the help of my husband i have completed painting the kitchen, alas! it looks great and very funky! my mom n law and i went fabric shopping this afternoon and i got some great fabric that my m~n~m is going to work her magic on and do me up some great valances. as soon as this is done i will post pics!
travis has been working outside all week trimming bushes, decapitating my trees, and putting halloween stuff out. along side of working, i feel like travis and i have been super duper busy! alexandra has a huge science project due thursday (which i have had to help with, alot) and both of the girls have field trips friday, and we are having a halloween party friday night. yet again, another very busy week ahead.
i am just looking forward to some family time. i feel like between work, the kids school, and just plain everyday tasks i never have enough time for family time. this is something that i really want to work on and do better at. i love my kids so much but do they ever feel secondary to all of the other before mentioned things? i am challenging myself to sit down and talk to my kids more and play more games with them and just be together.

No comments: